Saint Michael and All Angels
Ladbroke Grove London
1PM SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST
GARDEN GATE ENTRANCE!
SUNDAY PARISH MASS
Father Philip Corbett SSC
All Saints Vicarage
12 Powis Gardens
AT ST MICHAEL'S WE TAKE THE SAFEGUARDING OF ALL PEOPLE SERIOUSLY.
IF YOU HAVE A SAFEGUARDING CONCERN YOU CAN CONTACT OUR CHURCHWARDENS AND SAFEGUARDING OFFICERS :
CHERYL THOMAS AND PAUL REEBY AT
THE DIOCESE OF LONDON HELPLINE CAN BE REACHED ON 02079321224
OTHER ORGANISATIONS TO CONTACT
CHILDINE 0800 1111
Thirtyone:Eight’s 24-hour helpline: 0303 003 1111
Family Lives: 0808 800 222
AT OUR JULY 2019 PCC MEETING WE ADOPTED THE FOLLOWING POLICY:
In accordance with the House of Bishops’ Policy Statements ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ (2017) and ‘Protecting All God’s Children’ (2010) and the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy ‘Promoting a Safer Diocese’ (2018) our church is committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will: • Create a safe and caring place for all.
• Have a named Church Safeguarding Officer (CSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
• Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
• Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish. • Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
• Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
• Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
• Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
• Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
• Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually. • Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually. Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
OVER 2000 Vistors since September and we need volunteers to assist on the welcome desk throughout the weekdays and weekend.If you have time and like to serve the local community get in touch either by email or phone or in person at the Vicarage or in Church!
"The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."